Learning and playing SPYF requires a commitment to one’s self and one’s team. To be most effective, players must be dedicated to practicing, working hard, and performing the responsibilities of a player on and off the field.
When a youth player puts on their Sun Prairie football jersey, they are representing themselves, the program, the High School Football program and the community in general. High profile representation such as this requires a player to behave in a manner that reflects positively on their selves, their team, the program and the community. The rules and expectations are not any different for parents. What follows below are SPYF's Player and Parent Code of Conducts.
Players Code of Conduct:
All players are required to pledge prior to the season start to uphold player conduct expectations.
- I hereby pledge to be positive about my youth football experience and accept responsibility for my participation by following this Code of Conduct.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship from fellow players, coaches and parents at every game and practice by demonstrating good sportsmanship.
- I will attend every practice and game that I can, and will notify my coach if I cannot.
- I will do my best to listen and learn from my coaches.
- I will expect to receive a fair amount of playing time.
- I will treat my coaches, other players, officials and fans with respect regardless of race, creed or abilities and I will expect to be treated accordingly.
- I deserve to have fun during my football experience and will alert my parents and coaches if it stops being fun.
- I deserve to play in an environment that is free from drugs, tobacco and alcohol and expect adults to refrain from their use at all youth events.
- I will encourage my parents to be involved with my team in some capacity because it is important to me.
- I will do my very best in school.
- I will remember that youth football is an opportunity to learn and have fun.
Parents Code of Conduct:
The overall success of the youth athlete is highly dependent on parental involvement and example. Parents play a critical role in shaping and supporting the athlete and respective success levels. As such, parents of youth football players in Sun Prairie must also commit to a code of conduct. Inclusions of the Parent Code of Conduct are:
- I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for all children participating in youth sports by following this Code of Conduct.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other youth sports events.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child and other children ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will provide support for coaches and officials working with my child to provide a positive, enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a drug, alcohol and tobacco-free sports environment for my child and agree to assist by refraining from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will remember that the game is for children and not for adults.
- I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- I promise to help my child enjoy the youth sports experience within my personal constraints by assisting with coaching, being a respectful fan, providing transportation or whatever I am capable of doing.